Enrolments and Forms
Belmay Primay School is a local-intake school. All compulsory-aged children who live in the local-intake area are guaranteed enrolment.
The local-intake area is defined by specific street names and numbers. Eligibility for enrolment requires proof of residency within the boundary intake area.
To apply for a place for your child from Kindergarten to the Year 6 program at Belmay Primary School you need to complete an Application for Enrolment' form. These forms are available from the school or can be printed from here. Application for Enrolment can be viewed and downloaded from here. Check it for important dates for our students.
Kindergarten is not compulsory but most Western Australian children attend because it helps give them the best start to school. There is a place for all eligible children in Kindergarten in public schools. Wherever possible this place will be at your local-intake school. Some schools may get more applications than they have places.
Applications are prioritised. If a place is not available, the school will help you apply to another school close by.
- Priority 1 - In boundary with sibling
- Priority 2 - in boundary without sibling
- Priority 3 - out of boundary with sibling
- Priority 4 - out of boundary
- Priority 5 - distance from school
You need to provide
Evidence of your child's age and residential status is needed when making an application to enrol your child in a Kindergarten or Pre-primary program in a public school. This evidence includes:
- - a birth certificate or extract of birth or passport - contact the Registry of Births, Deaths and Marriages on 1300 305 021 if you don't have a copy
- - immunisation records - contact the Australian Immunisation Register on 1800 653 809
- - proof of residential address (e.g. rates bill or telephone bill).
- - any Family Court orders.
To find out when your child can start Kindergarten or Pre-primary, use the easy school age calculator.
Although there is a place for every eligible child in Kindergarten, an application does not guarantee enrolment at Belmay Primary. Placement in a Kindergarten program in a specific school is dependent on the number of places available at that school.
When you make an application for your child you need to make sure that:
- - your child's age entitles them to a place
- - your child is a permanent resident of Australia or holds a visa with an approved sub-class.